Eggplant pizza bites
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 package nitrate-free pepperoni optional
- tomato sauce or tomato paste
- your favorite cheese optional
- 1 bunch basil, parsley OR oregano your favorite herb or whatever is in season
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4" rounds. Toss with olive oil and salt. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip each round over and bake another 10 minutes or until soft.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven, then assemble each piece with one layer of tomato sauce/paste, one layer with a leave or two of the herbs, a layer of cheese (if using), and a layer pepperoni (if using). When you have assembled each of the rounds, place them back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pepperoni is slightly crispy.