- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- salt pinch
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1 1/2 - 2 ripe bananas
- 4 cups coconut or almond milk
- Place nuts in a large mixing bowl, sprinkle with salt and stir. Pour enough water to cover the nuts by one inch. Soak overnight. Drain the nuts and rinse thoroughly, until the water runs clear.
- Place the nuts in a food processor bowl fitted with a blade. Add the flax seed, banana, coconut chips and two cups of the milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding milk slowly, until the porridge reaches desired consistency.
- Serve warm and top with dried fruit, seasonal (or frozen, then thawed) fruit, butter and/or a dash of maple syrup. Reserve any extra for another busy weekday morning.