Grain-Free Tortillas with Squash
- 2 large (or 4 small) squash or zucchini enough to make 2 cups after water is squeezed out
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Using a food processor or a shredder, shred the squash to a course grain. Toss with a teaspoon of salt. Let "sweat" in a colander for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then squeeze out as much of the remaining water as you can. You should get about 2 cups of squash.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the squash and mix. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spoon a ladle-ful of the mixture onto the paper, then with the back of the ladle smooth it out until you have the shape and width of a small tortilla. Continue for all tortillas. It should make about 8. Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully flip each tortilla. Then bake for another 7 to 10 minutes.
- Before you are ready to serve, heat them in a pan with olive oil for a minute or two on each side.