Mild Sriracha Sauce? Bell Pepper-Garlic Sauce. low FODMAPs, Kid-Friendly.
- 1 red pepper whole
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup optional
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the pepper then place in small pie or cake tin in the oven. Turn every 10 to 15 minutes until sufficiently blistered on each side. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil and garlic to a small saucepan and gently warm over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until the garlic is sticky and straw colored, about five minutes. Remove from heat. Strain and discard the garlic, if you need to avoid low FODMAPs.
- When the pepper is cool enough to handle, peel off the outer skin and discard. Cut the pepper into strips, discard the seeds, but retain the juices. Place the pepper, juices and garlic-infused oil in a small food processor or herb grinder. Add the salt, maple syrup and vinegar. Process until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use wherever recipes call for Sriracha.